Feeding Fruit & Veg Plants
For the very best results in your garden it is essential to feed your fruit and vegetable plants. You’ll be simply amazed at how much better they’ll grow and thrilled at the increase in produce that you’ll be able to enjoy all season. One of the biggest mistakes that gardeners make is to scrimp on plant food.
Usually it’s because their garden seems to grow quite well without them. That’s a bit like saying you could live on a diet of bread and cheese, yes perhaps you could for a while, but you would never thrive on it and it wouldn’t provide you with all the essential nutrients needed for your health.
Choosing the right feed for your fruit and vegetables is easy. Westland has a range of plant foods to suit your crops and the way you garden:
If you are looking for a feed to use all round the garden try either:
Before planting your vegetables dig in Growmore Fertiliser. It is a multi-purpose plant food, ideal for use all around the garden, perfectly balanced for use with many different crops. It can be used for soil improvement, planting and feeding of established plants. A balanced feed for use as either top or base dressing Growmore Fertiliser will get your plants off to a great start.
organic Chicken Manure Pellets
Ideal for organic gardeners sprinkle around your fruit and vegetables to enrich and improve your soil. organic Chicken Manure Pellets can be used all around the garden.
Westland also produces a range of Plant Feeds for specific plant needs. Try any of these feed to achieve great results with your choosen crops:
Liquid feeds are eay to use on container grown plants, growbags and planters.
• Gro-Sure Tomato Plant Food provides complete nutrition for tomatoes plants, encouraging maximum yield with improved flavour.
To help your vegetable plants get established try using Superphosphate Fruit and Vegetable Ripener. These granules can be scattered over the area and aid the development of a strong and healthy root system. As well as being of use in the veg garden, use Superphosphate when planting trees and shrubs to get them off to a great start.
- organic Potato & Vegetable Feed can be used to develop strong roots and provide the essential nutrients for healthy, tasty vegetables whilst at the same time fulfilling the requirements of the organic gardener.
- If your vegetables have yellowing leaves opt for Sulphate of Ammonia Vegetable Food. This yellowing is a sign that there is a nitrogen deficiency in the soil and these ready to use granules can redress this promoting lush, green, healthy foliage and encouraging strong leaf growth.
- Sulphate of Potash Fruit and Flower Feed is idea for use on fruit trees, bushes and flowers resulting in bigger and healthier fruit and flowers. It also encourages disease and drought resistance making your plants stronger.
- For feeding your brassicas try Epsom Salts Foliage Greener. Encouraging strong and vibrant foliage this feed is ideal for your leafy crops and can also be used to feed winter bedding and hedging plants.