July is generally one of the hotter months of the year, so keeping plants well watered is key.
It's also a great time for harvesting fruit and veg, which can be eaten freshly picked from the garden.
If you've got a glut, or are stuck for recipe ideas, why not check out our recipe section?
- Beat the heat by keeping plants, flowers, fruit & veg well watered
- Apply a bark mulch to beds and borders to keep weeds down and lock moisture in
- Clean patios and decking
- Keep feeding and watering flowers and plants
Fruit & Veg
- Start harvesting runner beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, early potatoes, radishes, courgettes, tomatoes, chillies and peppers.
- Sow kale, broccoli, sprouting broccoli, cabbages and spring greens in modules ready for planting out next month
- Use dry spells to tackle weeds