The weather is now getting a lot colder and there's less daylight hours, meaning less to do.
But don't put your garden to bed for the winter just yet!
You can still pot up some colourful winter containers, start planning for next year's garden and of course, don't forget to feed your garden birds!
- Winter means scarce food supplies for birds, help keep them well fed
- Minimise footfall on lawns to protect grass
- Grow an orchid to provide colour over the winter months
- Buy a boxed Amaryllis bulb to provide some winter cheer
- Protect palm trees and tender perennials from frost with horticultural fleece
- Create winter patio containers
- Raise new plants with easy root cuttings
Fruit & Veg
- Protect citrus trees from frost with horticultural fleece
- Still time to plant garlic
- Grow windowsill beansprouts
- Create a windowsill herb garden