Poinsettia: How to keep alive
The showy red poinsettia is perhaps the most common houseplant at Christmas, most of us can't resist this cheery festive additon.
Keep your plants thriving long past Boxing Day (through to Easter if you're lucky!) with these simple care tips:
- Poinsettias don’t like fluctuating temperatures and prefer a steady temperature over 13C.
- The best location is in a brightly lit room, out of direct sunlight and away from drafts, radiators and electrical equipment.
- To ensure good colour, mist spray your plants daily to raise the humidity.
- Overwatering can damage the plant too. As a general rule, only water when the compost surface has dried out.
- Feeding is essential for a long lasting display. Feed with Westland Indoor Plant Food every two weeks when watering.