J. Arthur Bower’s Bonemeal is a natural organic slow-acting plant food. It is rich in phosphorus, which stimulates root growth, making it ideal for use when planting trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants.
• Water the new plant thoroughly before removing it from the pot.
• Dig a hole twice as wide as the container and about 8cm (3") deeper.
• Mix 70-140g (2-5oz.) of Bonemeal into the soil that has been dug out.
• Put some of the soil mixture into the bottom of the planting hole and use the remainder to fill around the roots.
• Firm the soil around the plant and water thoroughly.
An application to the soil around plants in autumn, at a rate of 70g per
square metre (2oz/sq.yd.), will help established plants withstand winter cold.
To be used only where there is a recognised need. Do not exceed recommended application rate.
Adding some J. Arthur Bower’s Soil Improver, or homemade garden compost, to the soil planting mixture will help improve soil structure, giving the plant an even better growing environment.
Dogs may be attracted to the bonemeal in this product. Avoid use in areas where dogs have access or work the fertiliser into the soil and cover with a 5cm (2") layer of chipped bark, soil improver or similar material.
Do not use in areas where cattle, sheep, goats and deer have access.
We recommend wearing gloves when using this product.
Wash hands after use and avoid contact with skin.
No spam, we promise