- 1kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 500g of red onions
- 1 red chilli
- 250g of brown sugar
- 150g of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients into a large, deep saucepan and stir well.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently until the mixture gets thick and shiny. Leave to cool completely.
- Sterilise your jam jars by washing in warm soapy water and dry in the oven at 140C. Alternatively run them through the dishwasher.
- Pour in your cooled jam, seal and put in the fridge.
- Help yourself to a spoonful or two with a plate full of cheese and biscuits....yum!
- 450g tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Melt butter gently in saucepan.
- Fry onion and garlic gently until softened
- Add the stock a little at a time, whisking repeatedly, until all stock added. Then add your tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for half hour until tomatoes are softened and the colour is nice and even. Remember to stir often to prevent sticking.
- Sieve the soup, make sure to keep all the juices through, then remove the pips, onion and peel.
- Return to the heat for a minute or so and flavour!
- Bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 500g dried spaghetti
- Put a saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and basil stalks, then add the fresh tomatoes and the vinegar.
- Season to taste.
- Continue cooking for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chopped basil leaves, then reduce to low and leave to simmer.
- Boil spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Drain your spaghetti in a colander and add to sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Clove of garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, very finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon, fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 pinches of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Simply mix together & enjoy with tortilla chips.
Free garden tips and advice
No spam, we promise