Management Accountant – Westland Horticulture
Westland is leading the way in horticulture and is proud to be one of the largest horticultural companies in the UK and Europe. A market leader in our categories, we supply a wide range of gardening, pet care and environmental products to the retail market.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our site finance team based in Ellesmere Port. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the site finance team with the timely and accurate production of financial reports and analysis within the business.
Management Accountant – Main Duties:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of support schedules and back up to the management accounts.
- Preparation of in depth commentary and variance analysis for Board reporting.
- Preparation of regular KPI reports.
- Analytical review of profit and loss.
- Preparation of balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- Review and strengthening internal systems and controls.
- Preparation of financial forecasts.
- Product costing analysis including review of existing costings / Bills of Materials.
- Monthly margin review and assisting in the review of Customer P&Ls.
- Assisting in preparation of the annual divisional budget.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit process.
- Other project-based work will be required on an ad hoc basis.
- Periodic holiday cover within the central finance team to cover bank transaction processing.
- Monthly VAT reconciliations and submission of VAT return (ROI / UK).
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Periodic travel to other Westland sites may be required.
- Any other reasonable duties as and when required and requested.
- Newly Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on data manipulation within Microsoft Excel.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression.
- Must be well organised, with an ability to work accurately within tight deadlines.
Find out more about Westland Horticulture
Learn about our sustainability plan