Technical Officer – Westland Horticulture
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Graduate who is looking to join a UK leader in Horticulture. Reporting to the Head of Technical, your primary responsibility will be to support innovation, technical asset creation and commercial value of our products across all of our markets. The successful candidate will have experience in gardening / horticulture / biological / agricultural sciences or related subject, desire to work as part of a technical department with a horticulture/agriculture/biology/environmental sciences degree.
Technical Officer – Main Duties:
- New Product Development – work with suppliers, internal teams to develop the next generation of products.
- Executing the trials programme at external contractors, in-house field trials and laboratory development work, ensuring we have a highly professional and successful set of trials.
- Providing technical support to the marketing team, including labelling and proofing of literature.
- Ensure products are compliant with legislation and regulations.
- To respond to consumer and customer queries in a professional and timely manner, ensuring that the reputation of the company is maintained throughout all interactions.
- Provide customer and staff training across the Westland product range.
- General support to other members of the technical team as needed.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications (required for the job)
- Significant experience in gardening / horticulture / biological / agricultural sciences or related subject.
- Desirable to have worked as part of a technical department.
- Degree or similar in Horticulture/Agriculture/Biology/Environmental Sciences.
- Experience of and attention to detail with trials set-up, execution and reporting
- High degree of organization, adaptability and prioritization
- Able to work effectively under pressure, especially in times of peak demand.
- Good presenter, able to create interesting and effective training sessions.
- Computer literate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of Environmental issues
- Needs a Driving Licence.
- Availability and willingness to travel domestic and overseas.
Westland Horticulture offer in-house training, product workshops and career development. If you have a passion for horticulture, we would love to hear from you!
Find out more about Westland Horticulture
Learn about our sustainability plan