Peckish Complete Energy Bites Filled Feeder is full of high energy mealworm bits, rich in oil and fats. Peckish filled feeders are ideal for someone just starting out with feeding the birds.
- Ready to use
- High energy suet pellets
- No mess
- Re-fillable and also re-usable
- See our range of filled feeders
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use the Peckish Complete Energy Bites Filled Feeder
High in Fat
Peckish Complete Energy Bites are high energy suet pellets enriched with peanut and mealworms, specially chosen to attract a wide variety of birds
Birds can eat all of the pellet so there is no waste or mess.
Calvita® Vitamin Mix
Enriched with our unique blend of vitamins and nutrients that garden birds need to stay healthy. Calvita® includes…..
- Carotenoids — Develops feather colour and protects from sunlight damage
- Calcium —Promotes bone & feather growth and essential for egg production
- Vitamins A, D, E & Biotin —Strengthens beaks & bones and helps growth & reproduction
- Wheat Flour
- Beef Tallow
- Calcium Carbonate
- Additives: Glycerine, Colourant
What to Expect
Peckish Complete Energy Bites will attract the following birds:
- House Sparrow
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Long Tailed Tit
- Great Tit
- Song Thrush and many more!
You can refill and re-use this feeder too!
How to Use
- Turn the feeder upside down, unscrew the base and take out the white seal tab
- Replace the feeding base and turn the feeder back over
- Pull out the perches and remove label so birds can see the seed
- Hang from a tree, dining station or from our universal feeder hook
Where to Site
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
How to Refill
- Once empty, unscrew and remove the bottom base and pour seed in
- Ensure lid is securely in place
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round.
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Provide food throughout the whole year especially during breeding, nesting and fledgling periods.
- Locate feeders stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators.
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation.
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
- Not suitable for human consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Peckish Complete is a no mess mix which means all the husks have been removed however it is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
Q. Where do the birds land?
A. This feeder has pull out perches in the base, birds will happily use these to perch on whilst feeding.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org