Peckish Mealworms are the favourite food of many garden bird species. They are very versatile and can be used for feeding birds from tables, ground feeding trays and also in seed feeders on their own or added to a seed mix. Use these Mealworms to treat the birds in your garden.
- Preferred by birds that eat insects
- Popular feed for attracting Robins
- High protein
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use Peckish Mealworms
- Mealworms are 100% natural making them the closest food to a bird’s natural diet
- High in energy and protein they are a great treat to give to birds all year round as well as helping to support growth and development
- You can also soak the mealworms in water to re-hydrate them and make them easier to feed to young birds
What to Expect
Peckish Mealworms will attract the following birds:
- Blue Tit
- Great Tit
- House Sparrow
- Song Thrush
How to Use Peckish Mealworms
- Simply open the pouch and pour the mealworms into a tray or ground feeder or scatter the mealworms across a bird table
- Best used with our Peckish Dining Stations
Where to Site Peckish Mealworms
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making the feeder visible
- This provides a safe place for the birds to retreat
- It is a good idea to put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- With food resources becoming more scarce, it is essential to feed birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue and develop a routine
- The birds will become reliant upon your help
- Always ensure birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- The handy re-sealable packaging can be used to prevent spillage
- May contain nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
- Not suitable for human consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Provide some cover for the birds and ensure some fresh drinking water is available.
Q. Can Peckish Mealworms be used anywhere other than a bird table?
A. Peckish Mealworms can be used either on a bird table or in a mesh tray on a Dining Station.
Q. The packet says insects but these are worms, is the packet wrong?
A. Peckish Mealworms are the larvae stage of insects (beetles) and are the favourite food for many garden birds.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org