Peckish No Grow Seed Mix has been specially blended using ingredients that will not grow in your garden.
- Ideal for gardeners
- Seeds don’t grow
- No weeds, no mess
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use Peckish No Grow Seed Mix
1. Non-germinating seeds
All of the ingredients in the seed mix have been flaked or kibbled – this damages the endosperm and prevents them from growing.*
2. High in energy
A blend of high energy oil seeds.
3. No mess – no waste
Husk free formula
*Although every effort has been made to remove the husks and de-germinate seeds, due to the nature of the ingredients, some may remain.
4. Calvita® Vitamin Mix
Enriched with our unique blend of vitamins and nutrients that garden birds need to stay healthy. Calvita includes…
- CAROTENOIDS – Develops feather colour and protects from sunlight damage
- CALCIUM – Promotes bone & feather growth and essential for egg production
- VITAMINS A,D,E & BIOTIN – Strengthens beaks & bones and helps growth & reproduction
Kibbled Maize, Sunflower Hearts, Kibbled Peanuts, Flaked Naked Oats, Pinhead Oats, Flaked Barley and Flaked Wheat
What to Expect
Peckish No Grow Seed Mix will attract the following birds:
- Long Tailed Tit
- Blue Tit
- Great Tit and many more!
How to Use Peckish No Grow Seed Mix
- To use in bird feeders, simply unzip the bag and pour the seed into a feeder
- To feed on bird tables scatter the seed across the table
- They can also be used in tray and ground feeders
Where to Site Peckish No Grow Seed Mix
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover to make the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Not suitable for human consumption
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Peckish No Grow uses seeds that have been de-husked and kibbled to minimise the chance of germination. However due to the nature of the ingredients some whole seed may remain.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com