Peckish Nyjer Seed is perfect for attracting colourful birds into your garden. This small seed is packed with energy and will attract many Finches including the Goldfinch.
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use Peckish Nyjer Seed
Nyjer seed is the favourite food of the brightly coloured Goldfinch, their long thin beak makes it easy for them to eat this fine, oil-rich seed. Goldfinches are very sociable creatures and often feed in small flocks.
Fine Seeds for Small Birds – This small seed is packed with energy and will attract most small colourful birds to your garden.
Rich in Essential Nutrients – Give birds plenty of the essential nutrients they need all year round.
- 100% Nyjer Seed
What to Expect
Peckish Nyjer Seed will attract the following birds:
- House Sparrow
How to Use Peckish Nyjer Seed
- To use in bird feeders, simply tear the bag along the line indicated and pour the seed into a feeder
- To feed on bird tables cut the bag along the line indicated and scatter the seed across the table.
Where to Site Peckish Nyjer Seed
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover to make the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Not suitable for human consumption
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Peckish Nyjer Seed is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org