Peckish Peanut Easy Feeder is packed with 100% whole peanuts for high energy
- Ready to use
- Pre-filled with Peckish Peanuts
- Product details
- how to use
- tips & advice
Peanuts are one of the most popular garden bird foods and will attract a wide variety of colourful birds into your garden. From the more common birds (like Blue Tits and Chaffinches) to the rarer Great Spotted Woodpecker and Nuthatch, Peckish Peanuts will fill your garden with colour and vitality.
It is important in spring to only feed peanuts from a mesh feeder, as young birds are small and can choke on whole peanuts.
All batches of Peckish peanuts are tested for Aflatoxins to ensure your garden birds receive only the highest quality.
What to Expect
Peckish Complete Easy Feeder will attract the following birds:
- House Sparrow
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Great Tit
You can refill and re-use this feeder too!
How to Use
- Unscrew the top
- Pour peanuts into the feeder
- Hang from a tree, dining station or from our universal feeder hook
Where to Site
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
How to Refill
- Once empty, unscrew and remove the lid and pour seed into top
- Ensure lid is securely in place
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round.
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Provide food throughout the whole year especially during breeding, nesting and fledgling periods.
- Locate feeders stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators.
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
- Not suitable for human consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Provide some cover for the birds and ensure some fresh drinking water is avail able.
Q. These nuts look wrinkled, are they safe for the birds?
A. We can assure you they are safe for the birds to consume, they have been tested prior to packing.
Q. Why use Peckish Peanuts—can I use salted/flavoured/roasted ones?
A. Peckish Peanuts are high in quality and aflatoxin tested so they are a perfect for birds. Peanuts suitable for human consu mpti on should not be offered.
Birds are unable to process the high levels of salt and may become very sick or even die.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789(Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org