Peanuts are one of the most popular garden bird foods and will attract a wide variety of colourful birds into your garden.
- Enjoy birds in your garden for longer
- High energy
- 100% whole peanuts
- Aflatoxin tested
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
- Peanuts are one of the most popular garden bird foods and will attract a wide variety of colourful birds into your garden
- Peanuts will fill your garden with colour and vitality
- All batches of Peckish peanuts are tested for Aflatoxins to ensure your garden birds receive only the highest quality
- Energy Equivalent – 560 KCalories/100gms
What to Expect
Peckish peanut Kernels will attract the following birds:
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Great Spotted Woodpecker
- Great Tit
- House Sparrow
How to Use
- To use in bird feeders, simply cut the bag along the line indicated and pour the peanuts into a feeder
- To feed on bird tables cut the bag along the line indicated and scatter the peanuts across the table
- In Spring, it is important to only feed peanuts from a mesh feeder, as young birds are small and can choke on whole peanuts
- Our Peckish All Weather Peanut Feeder and Secret Garden Peanut Feeder is perfect for this.
Where to Feed
- Locate feeder stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help
- Provide food throughout the whole year especially during breeding, nesting and fledgling periods
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing.
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases.
- Not suitable for human consumption
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Provide some cover for the birds and ensure some fresh drinking water is available.
Q. These nuts look wrinkled, are they safe for the birds?
A. We can assure you they are safe for the birds to consume, they have been tested prior to packing.
Q. Why use Peckish Peanuts—can I use salted/ flavoured/ roasted ones?
A. Peckish Peanuts are high in quality and Aflatoxin tested so they are a perfect for birds. Peanuts suitable for human consumption should not be offered.
Birds are unable to process the high levels of salt and may become very sick or even die.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org