Gro-Sure Sow Smart contains all you need to nurture your own tomato plants from seed to harvest. Inside the pack you will find:
Gro-Sure Sow Smart will grow 3 plants of Alicante - A lovely firm, tasty tomatoes perfect for salads, pasta or cooking and 3 plants of Gardener's Delight - A sweet cherry tomato with a delicious flavour, perfect for snacking.
When to start - March to May
When to harvest - July to September
1. Take off and turn over the lid and fill with water. Place the tray including the compost plugs into the water.
2. Remove the stickers that protect the seeds once the plugs have absorbed the water.
3. Loosely put the lid back on (pour away excess water if needed) and place on a warm, bright windowsill, but out of strong sunlight.
4. Remove the lid as soon as you see germination, and place it back under the base.
5. Water plugs if they dry out (pour away excess water if needed)
Top tips - If more than one seedling germinates in a single plug, carefully pull out additional seedlings, leaving one to grow on.
6. Plant out once seedlings have grown 10-15cm tall and all risk of frost has passed.
7. Plant into a Gro-Sure Tomato Planter and feed fortnightly with Gro-Sure Tomato Food once a first set of green fruit appears.
Top tips - If your plants are ready to plant out before risk of frost has passed, pot them up into larger plant pots using Gro-Sure
All-Purpose Compost and keep them on the windowsill.
No spam, we promise