To improve existing soil in your garden or for creating new beds & borders then Westland Nutrient Rich Top Soil is ideal for a high quality finish.
This high performance soil with added slow release nutrients is also perfect for general lawn preparation & repairs such as levelling lawns, making it the ideal accompaniment for your general garden use.
Westland Nutrient Rich Top Soil is a specially selected rich clay loam soil with a high humus content which retains nutrients and moisture, making it ideal for use all around the garden. This soil has been sieved to remove stones and debris, free from weed seeds and blended with slow release organic nutrients to produce a high performance top soil. Westland Nutrient Rich Top Soil has a balanced clay, silt and sand composition with plenty of organic matter providing good structural stability under all weather conditions. It is lime and chalk free and perfect for adding organic nutrients and structure to enhance beds and borders.
• Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals.
• Reseal bag after use.
• Rework soil between hands before use to reconstitute.
• Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
• Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use.
Help improve poor soil in your garden by mixing 50:50 with Nutrient Rich Top Soil and digging in. This will increase the soils
nutrient content, improve soil structure and add humus helping to rejuvenate the soil
When creating a new bed in your garden you may find yourself short of soil. Use Westland Nutrient Rich Top Soil to increase the volume, depth and nutrient level of soil for your new bed, giving your plants and trees the perfect start for quick establishment
Top Soil can be used to rejuvenate beds which have depleted over the years. Place a 7-10 cm layer on beds and borders prior
to planting or in thinner layers around existing plants. The fresh soil provides a rich supply of organic matter acting as a fresh
source of nutrition for new and established plants.
Westland Nutrient Rich Top Soil is ideal for preparing new lawns and for levelling and revitalising existing lawns.
• Lawn Preparation: Use Westland Nutrient Rich Top Soil to cover the top 3-4 cm of the lawn area and level using the straight edge of a wooden baton and spirit level.
Top Tip: For the best result cover the finished area with a thin layer of Westland Gro-Sure® Lawn Seeding Soil (1-2 cm) and sow lawn seed into this layer to guarantee germination and establishment of the lawn.
• Levelling Lawns: To fill in and level depressions in the lawn cut a cross shape in the turf and peel back from the hollow. Fill the hollows to the required level with Top Soil and cover with the turf again.
It can be mixed with Westland composts to provide individual blends of soils and composts to meet your specific requirements. Use with potting composts to improve the nutrient and water holding capacity. It also adds weight to the compost mixture where stability in pots is important.
No spam, we promise