If you love egg and cress sandwiches, grow your own cress! For a good laugh, paint a face on an empty eggshell, put damp cotton wool inside, sprinkle a few seeds on it and watch green hair grow.
- Easy to grow
- Super quick to grow
- Product Details
- How to Sow
- Tips & Advice
Where to Sow
- Sow seeds either in a tray of seed compost, on a kitchen roll or other absorbent material
- Keep the compost or kitchen roll moist and place it somewhere warm , such as a kitchen windowsill
- The cress should start growing in a few days
When to Harvest
- When the cress is about 5cm, harvest when required
- Guidance for Children – Under adult supervision, cut the stems with scissors. Take care if the scissors are sharp.
- When sowing seeds try to avoid heaps of seeds lying on top of each other, as they will compete for water and light, and seed will be lost
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org