If you love egg and cress sandwiches, grow your own cress! For a good laugh, paint a face on an empty eggshell, put damp cotton wool inside, sprinkle a few seeds on it and watch green hair grow.
- Easy to grow
- Super quick to grow
- Product Details
- How to Sow
- Tips & Advice
Where to Sow
- Sow seeds either in a tray of seed compost, on a kitchen roll or other absorbent material
- Keep the compost or kitchen roll moist and place it somewhere warm , such as a kitchen windowsill
- The cress should start growing in a few days
When to Harvest
- When the cress is about 5cm, harvest when required
- Guidance for Children – Under adult supervision, cut the stems with scissors. Take care if the scissors are sharp.
- When sowing seeds try to avoid heaps of seeds lying on top of each other, as they will compete for water and light, and seed will be lost