A great mix of species giving you early flowering in the garden with the added benefit of providing a long season of flowers that are loved by butterflies.
- A great mix of species
- Provides a long season of flowers
- Loved by butterflies
- Product Details
- How to Sow
- Tips & Advice
- For earlier flowering sturdier plants, sow in trays of moist seed compost from February to April to gentle warmth 10-15°C (50°F)
- Transplant 5cm (2in) apart in a tray of compost when seedlings are large enough to handle
- Gradually accustom to outside conditions for 2-3 weeks before planting out from April, 15cm (6 in) apart
- Rake soil to provide a firm, even surface
- Sow seeds thinly in a pre-watered soil, lightly covering them with a little more soil
- Sowings made in a semi-circular lines create a natural ‘drift’ effect.
- Keep moist until seedlings appear and as required in dry spells
- When large enough to handle, thin seedlings to allow their development and prevent overcrowding
- Mix seeds with silver sand as this helps to bulk out the sowing mixture, making sowing over larger areas an easier task with less need for thinning