This Unwins Pumpkin Halloween F1 seed is ideal to sow from March indoors to ensure you have your pumpkin on time for Halloween.
So whether you want pumpkins for making lanterns or for delicious pumpkin pie, this is certainly one of the best varieties to choose. They will also store until Christmas in a cool, dry place.
- Great for making lanterns
- Makes a delicious pumpkin pie
- Stores until Christmas
- Prefers full sun
- Pack contains - 8 Seeds
- Product details
- How to sow
- Tips & advice
- Sow seeds individually on edge in small pots of moist seed compost 2cm (1in) deep
- Place in warmth 15-18C (60-65F) and cover the pots with cling film until seedlings emerge. Grow on under cool, light conditions, but not in bright sun
- Water sowing positions, then sow two or three seeds close together in a group 2cm (1in) deep. Allow 90cm (36in) between groups
- After germination, leave only the strongest seedling in each group
Hardening Off/Planting Out
- Gradually accustom young plants to outside conditions for 2-3 weeks before planting out to their cropping positions when danger of frost has passed. Allow about 90cm (36in) between plants.
- Pumpkins are thirsty and hungry plants. Water them freely and frequently, especially during dry spells. Once fruit starts to swell, feed plants regularly with a liquid fertiliser.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com