Brand New for 2022, our Unwins Sweet Pea Platinum Jubilee seeds. Sow them now for Jubilee flowering this coming June. Celebrate the Jubilee with these beautiful flowers, they will make an ideal centerpiece for your party table.
The Sweet Pea Platinum Jubilee features a pale blue stripe on a white ground,. A spencer type, it has a good scent with a hint of citrus. You will achieve lots of long lasting blooms when you take care of this stunning plant.
Fill your garden and home with both scent and colour from May to September. This Sweet pea is a hardy annual and is idea to add some height to to your pots as well as beds and borders. They grow well in full sun in fertile soil. Ensure your planting position drains really well to ensure an abundance of flowers. Sweet Peas in general are ideal for cut flowers, so you can bring their stunning scent indoors. They are also perfect for pollinators, helping to encourage more Bees into your garden.
- Good for cutting
- Loved by pollinators
- Prefers full sun
- Great citrus scent
- Long lasting blooms
- Size: 1.8m
This Sweet Pea is exclusive to Unwins. Purchase at your nearest harden centre or online here through Marshalls.
Find out more on how to grow sweet peas in our article.
- Pack contains - 20 seeds
- Product details
- How to sow
- Tips & advice
- Almost fill 12cm (5in) pots with seed and cutting compost
- Sow 5 seeds, evenly spaced per pot and lightly cover with a little more compost
- Water well after sowing, but not again until seedlings have emerged
- Place in warmth 10-15°C (50-60°F)
- Grow on in unheated conditions, ideally in a cold frame
- Pinch out the growing tips to encourage bushier plant growth and more flowers
- Plant out 20cm (8in) apart from March onwards in a sunny position
- Sow seeds in pre-watered, warm soil 2cm (1in) deep, 10cm(4in) apart
- Keep soil moist until seedlings emerge
- Support young plants with canes, netting or trellis to about 1.8cm (6ft)
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com