- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
1.High in Energy
Sunflower Hearts are the highest energy bird food and will attract a wide variety of birds into your garden
2.Rich in Essential Oils
Give birds plenty of the essential oils they need all year round
3.No Mess —Husk Free
The seed husks have been removed so there is no waste or mess
- Sunflower Hearts
- Energy Equivalent – 800 KCalories/100gms
What to Expect
Peckish Sunflower Hearts will attract the following birds:
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Great Tit
- House Sparrow
- Long Tailed Tit
- Song Thrush
How to Use
- Turn the feeder upside down, unscrew the base and take out the white seal tab
- Replace the feeding base and turn the feeder back over
- Pull out the perches and remove label so birds can see the seed
- Hang from a tree, dining station or from our universal feeder hook
Where to Site
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
How to Refill
- Once empty, unscrew and remove the bottom base and pour seed in
- Ensure lid is securely in place
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round.
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Provide food throughout the whole year especially during breeding, nesting and fledgling periods.
- Locate feeders stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators.
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation.
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
- Not suitable for human consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Peckish Sunflower Hearts is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
Q. Where do the birds land?
A. This feeder has pull out perches in the base, birds will happily use these to perch on whilst feeding.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org