Packed with energy and essential oils, Peckish Sunflower Hearts are the ultimate bird food. With the husks removed these seed hearts take away all the effort for garden birds saving them time and energy. Sunflower Hearts are loved by a variety of garden birds. Enjoy seeing Goldfinches with their red face and yellow flashed wings and Blue Tits with their vibrant blue crown, wings and tail.
- Attracts smaller, more colourful birds
- Highest energy bird food
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
High in Energy
Sunflower Hearts are the highest energy bird food and will attract a wide variety of birds into your garden
Rich in Essential Oils
Give birds plenty of the essential oils they need all year round
No Mess —Husk Free
The seed husks have been removed so there is no waste or mess
- Sunflower Hearts
- Energy Equivalent – 800 KCalories/100gms
What to Expect
Peckish Sunflower Hearts will attract the following birds:
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Great Tit
- House Sparrow
- Long Tailed Tit
- Song Thrush
How to Use
- Simply open the pouch and pour the Sunflower Hearts into a feeder, tray or ground feeder or scatter across a bird table
- Best used with our Peckish Dining Stations
Where to Feed
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making the feeder visible
- This provides a safe place for the birds to retreat
- It is a good idea to put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight.
- With food resources becoming more scarce, it is essential to feed birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue and develop a routine
- The birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Always ensure birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Not suitable for human consumption
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Peckish Robin Insect Mix is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email email@example.com