Senior Technical Manager – Plant Science – Westland Horticulture
We have a new job opportunity for an experienced ‘Senior Technical Manager’ to join our technical plant science team in Alconbury Hill.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, your primary responsibility will be to drive and manage new product development, including regulatory stewardship and provide technical support across the consumer divisions Group. As part of the technical team you will support innovation, technical asset creation, regulatory compliance and commercial value of our products across all of our markets.
Senior Technical Manager – Westland Horticulture – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead value add new product development within garden product portfolio.
- Deliver and commercially justify new opportunities around fertiliser, plant protection products, biologicals, adjuvants, plant health, wetting agents and soil amendments
- Manage formulation and regulatory requirements of the new product development process for both regulated and non-regulated products
- Lead long-term product development pipeline and liaise with external partners to ensure successful NPD o Ensuring we are ahead of the game as a business, creating a difference that is achieved over a 5 year period o Deliver leading innovation in chemical, non- chemical and horticulture controls
- Oversee new product development, continually driving innovative technologies across the portfolio for new and existing products
Skills, experience and qualifications (required for the job)
- You will have a proven track record as a Senior/Technical Manager in Consumer Goods, in one of the following: Agri/ Agri Chemical, Chemicals or household controls.
- You will be delivering against pre-agreed targets and introducing new innovative ideas.
- You will have excellent technical knowledge and a strong background in delivering and linking with internal & external stakeholders.
- We are looking for a passionate Manager committed to delivering high standards with the enthusiasm and drive to succeed in a challenging fast moving environment.
- You will have a strong work ethic, able to work alone and as part of the wider team
- You will be highly analytical
- An excellent communicator
- A tangible track record in developing innovation and winning new business opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Find out more about Westland Horticulture
Learn about our sustainability plan