Westland SafeLawn is for anyone who loves their lawn. But, it’s especially great for anyone with children or pets. If you love your lawn, but you’re put off using chemicals due to safety concerns with children and pets, Westland SafeLawn is the product for you. It is a fertiliser made using only natural ingredients. It includes friendly bacteria to help break down dead moss, grass material, thatch and dead leaves into nutrients to help your lawn. SafeLawn’s nutrient package greens and thickens the lawn in just three days.
- With naturally occurring ingredients
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Feeds all year round for a healthier lawn
- Helps prevent weeds and moss
- Greener and strong lawn results
- Friendly bacteria transforms dead leaves and moss into nutrients
- No scorch risk (yellowing of the lawn) due to its natural mode of action
- Promotes soil health for a stronger more resilient lawn
- With a built-in applicator for easy spreading (80m2)
- Can walk on immediately after application
Check out our new Westland Safelawn Liquid Lawn Feed
This liquid feed is ideal for use in the summer months for fast greening. SafeLawn Liquid Lawn Feed contains slow release fertiliser for long lasting results as well as helping to control weeds in your lawn. Using SafeLawn and the liquid fertiliser will give you wonderful results.
- 80m2 box
- 150m2 box
- 400m2 bag
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
A natural child and pet friendly natural lawn feed that greens and thickens lawns in just 3 days
- Fast-acting and long-lasting plant nutrients
- Greens and thickens lawns
- Helps grass out-compete weeds and moss
- Friendly bacteria to break down dead leaves and also moss
What to Expect
Safelawn before application
Safelawn after application
Water thoroughly after application. Keep the lawn well watered for at least 2 weeks to help grass seed germination
After 7 days the lawn will become greener and healthier. As the grass becomes stronger it will start to out-compete weed & moss.
Westland SafeLawn is an natural product. It may have an ‘organic’ odour when you open the pack, this is completely normal and will disperse when the product is watered in.
This product is safe for children and pets, however, it’s good practice to wash hands and skin after use and store all garden products out of reach in a dry, frost-free place.
See more about our Safelawn range
When to Use
- Apply every 3-4 Weeks from February to September when the grass is actively growing
- For best results apply to the lawn after mowing and remove the clippings for better seed-soil contact
How to Use
Use our Kent & Stowe Luxury Leather Gloves for protection
Best Conditions: Do not apply during drought or freezing conditions, or when frost is expected
- An 2.8kg box should be enough to cover a 80sqm lawn (that’s about the size of 8 standard car parking spaces!)
- 1 parking space = 2 x 5 metres = 10sq.m
Application: Apply the granules evenly to ensure the same result across the whole lawn. Mark out the areas to be treated.
By Hand: Tear back the side strip to use the built in applicator. Sprinkle 35g/sq.m over the marked area.
By Spreader: Apply 35g/sq.m over the marked area with a suitable spreader. See more spreader settings.
Top Tip: For outstanding results you can safely double this application rate
This product is suitable for walking on immediately after application
- Gloves are recommended when handling this product
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use
- This product is safe for children and pets, however it is good practice to store out of reach in a dry, frost-free place
- Contents may settle in transit
- For use only as a home garden lawn treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will this product kill the moss and weeds on my lawn?
A. You should remove moss and weeds before hand, using safe lawn can prevent moss and weeds returning
Q. Can I use this to repair the patches on my lawn?
A. It can help thicken the lawn however for repairing patches of damaged grass you should use Gro-Sure Smart Patch
Q. The product has quite an odour, is it safe for my children and pets to use the lawn after application?
A. Safe Lawn is made from organic matter so an odour when applying the product is normal, pets and children can use the treated areas after application with no concerns. Some pets may be attracted to the odour and protein content of SafeLawn. Where this is the case it is advisable to water-in the product after application to reduce the attraction.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com