- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
- This open, free draining mix promotes healthier growth and greener leaves for an outstanding indoor garden!
- Contains unique Seramis granules for optimum water and nutrient availability
- Added perlite for airflow & drainage resulting in healthier root development
What to Expect
- Healthy beautiful plants
When to Use
- Spring or Autumn
How to Use
Potting and Re-potting
- Water plant well and allow to drain
- Choose a pot around 3-5cm larger than the old one with drainage holes
- Place a layer of potting mix in the bottom of the new pot and carefully remove the plant from its pot
- Holding it upright and in the middle of the pot,carefully fill with potting mix around the sides until the pot is full
- Tap the pot to settle the mix and water well
- Westland Houseplant Potting Mix contains sufficient nutrients to feed plants for approx. 6 weeks
- After this period, feeding should commence with Westland Houseplant Feed.
- Feed every second watering in the active growing season (spring/summer) and every fourth watering in the winter
- Under or over watering houseplants are one of the main causes of the plants failing
- Do not allow the plant to sit in water or sodden compost as this will stunt root growth and prevent air movement around the roots
- It can also make the plant more susceptible to pests and diseases
- Overwatering can cause leaf yellowing and loss, and a shortened flowering period.
- Equally do not allow the compost to dry out completely as this can also cause damage to the plant
- Regularly checking the compost to see if it is still moist in the summer months (less frequently in the cooler months) is the best way to ensure proper watering
- Knowing when to water your houseplants can be difficult. Westland Watering Indicator sticks are a useful way of knowing when the compost in your plant pot has dried out. The easy to use sticks change colour from blue to red when the plant needs re-watering
Tips for Better Results
- Place plants in bright positions but avoid direct sunlight if possible
- Avoid large fluctuations in room temperatures as this may cause leaf drop
- Treat houseplants to a leaf shine to remove dust
- Not suitable for Ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I use this for outdoor plants?
A. Yes this can be used for plants outdoors, but we would recommend using a multi-purpose compost as it has been designed for predominantly outdoor use.
Q. Will this be attractive for my pets?
A. This will not be attractive to most pets as it does not contain any organic fertiliser elements
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com