With every bag sold, the New Horizon fund grows. A percentage from every bag of New Horizon sold will go directly into the fund to support community gardening projects across the UK and Ireland. Allotments, schools and community gardens will all be eligible for donations from the New Horizon fund, helping these fantastic local projects get the support they need, allowing more people to get their hands dirty and benefit from all the rewards gardening gives!
Nominate your charity/cause
Terms & Conditions:
Short Summary Terms & Conditions:
UK & ROI, 18+. Entry Period 1: 00:01 01/12/23 – 23:59 01/03/24. Entry Period 2: 00:01 02/03/24 – 23:59 01/06/24. Entry Period 3: 00:01 02/06/23 – 23:59 01/09/24. Scan the QR code or visit www.gardenhealth.com/new-horizon-fund and complete the online form with your nominated cause and statement (max 250 words) explaining how your cause will use the prize to enter the relevant Competition. No purchase necessary. Prizes: Minimum 1 of 5 x Westland product bundles per Entry Period to be donated to your chosen cause, valued at £1,000 (or Euro equivalent) each. Max 1 Prize per charity/cause. Full T&Cs & Prize details: http://www.gardenhealth.com/new-horizon-fund.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, excluding the Isle of Man and Channel Islands, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access is required.
3. Promotion Period: The promotion will run between 00:01 GMT on the 1 of December 2023 and 23:59 BST on the 30 of September 2024 inclusive with three separate competition entry periods detailed below:
|Entry Period||Competition Entry Period Dates|
|1||Enter between 00:01 GMT on 1 December 2023 and 23:59 GMT on the 1 March 2024 inclusive.|
|2||Enter between 00:01 GMT on 2 March 2024 and 23:59 BST on the 1 June 2024 inclusive.|
|3||Enter between 00:01 BST on 2 June 2024 and 23:59 BST on the 1 September 2024 inclusive.|
4. To Enter: Scan the QR code on promotional material or visit gardenhealth.com/new-horizon-fund and complete the online form with your details (name, email and mobile number) , your nominated cause which is associated with one of categories listed in Clause 5(a) and a maximum 250 word statement explaining how your cause will use the prize to enter the relevant Competition.
5. Further Entry Details:
a. The cause nominated must be from one of the following categories:
iii. Community; or
6. Unlimited entries per person and per cause during the entire Promotion Period. No cause may win more than 1 Prize.
7. The Prizes: There will be a minimum of 5 winners per Entry Period, 15 in total. Each winner will receive 1 x Westland product bundle valued at £1,000 (or Euro equivalent) and subject to to the discretion of the promoter to be donated to their chosen cause.
8. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The contents of each bundle will be subject to the Promoter’s discretion and will be tailored to each cause. Each bundle will include a selection of the Westland products from the Westland portfolio, tailored to the cause of a winning charity, as chosen by Westland.
b. A minimum of 15 bundles will be donated to 15 different causes over the entire Promotion Period.
c. It is the responsibility of the participant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion and/or to provide the correct, up-to date details for their cause when confirming acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
d. The Promoter is not liable for any Prizes once distributed/dispatched to a winning charity and the Promoter will not be responsible for any Prizes not received, broken or lost in transit.
e. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming the prize.
f. The costs associated with the delivery of the Prize to one location within the UK or the Republic of Ireland will be included.
g. Any pictures depicting the prizes on any media including press advertisements, posters or TV commercials are indicative only and the actual prizes may vary from the depictions. The Promotion does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the products or services being offered as prizes.
h. Delivery is available to addresses within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only.
9. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during each Entry Period (subject to moderation) will be judged by a panel of judges, including an independent party within 5 working days from the close of each Entry Period to select a minimum of 5 shortlisted entries based on the following criteria:
a. Does the cause have a strong need for gardening products? (scored out of 5)
b. Will the cause benefit a group of people? (scored out of 5)
c. Will the cause give a group access to a garden or outside space which may have been difficult to do so before? (scored out of 5)
d. Can the cause be accessed by multiple people? (scored out of 5)
e. Is the cause situated in a geographically unique location? (scored out of 5)
The 5 entries with the highest scores after judging will be deemed the provisional winners.
10. Winner Notification: Provisional winners will be contacted via the email address or telephone number provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the provisional winners. Once eligibility has been confirmed, the provisional winner will be confirmed as a winner. If the provisional winners do not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, we reserve the right to disqualify the entrant.
11. Prize Acceptance: Notification to arrange fulfilment of a Prize will take place within 28 days of acceptance of a Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their Prize to be delivered to their cause, the winner must inform the Promoter by firstname.lastname@example.org. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize at its sole discretion.
12. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms & Conditions;
b. contain any content that is offensive, harmful, objectionable or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication including with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, or which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
c. contains or refers to any unauthorised third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
13. Provided no objection is received from the winners, a winners list containing the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available at gardenhealth.com/new-horizon-fund. Winners can object to their details being published during the Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority when requested by them.
14. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
15. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entry (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified. Any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners through multiple means by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
g. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
h. Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
16. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize and/or any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize or element of a Prize for another of equal or greater value.
17. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to gardenhealth.com/new-horizon-fund.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion (JS1409) or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
21. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
22. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
23. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
24. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English and Irish law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Residents of Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland may bring proceedings in their own jurisdiction.
Promoter: Westland Horticulture Limited, 14 Granville Industrial Estate, Granville Road, Dungannon, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, BT70 1NJ.
© Copyright PromoVeritas Ltd 2023. All rights reserved.
1. This document has been created for a specific promotion. If used for a different promotion, it may not be fit for purpose.
2. Changes made to this document will not be binding on PromoVeritas unless agreed in writing by us. It is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any such changes, as this may affect the legality, operation and delivery of the Promotion.
3. Unauthorised copying of this document in whole or in part will constitute an infringement of copyright.