Vacancies at Westland Horticulture
Due to phenomenal growth over recent months, we’re excited to announce new job opportunities for our Alconbury Hill site in Cambridgeshire as well as roles throughout the UK. We’re just as passionate about our people as we are our products. Whether you are a trained Horticulturalist, a Marketing Guru, Warehouse Operative or Sales Representative you’ll be equally welcome at the Westland Group.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join us and be part of our amazing journey, then we’d love to hear from you.
Department – Finance
Job Title – Commercial Accountant
Location – Alconbury Hill (2 days) / Remote (3 days per week)
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, you will provide timely commercial insight to support and challenge all financial matters to optimise the financial performance of Westland’s products and categories. In this new role you will work closely with people across all group divisions within Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT and Supply Chain and it is therefore critical for the success of this role that you possess an ability to cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Several years commercial accountancy experience, preferably in a brand driven FMCG environment
- Must be a highly driven individual, able to adapt to changing demands. Thrives in a fast paced and varied working environment
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills
- Commercially minded, with analytical ability to translate numbers into operational reality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence internally and manage difficult conversations
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), can be part qualified and support for remaining exams provided.
- Degree level educated.
- Current Driving Licence and the availability and willingness to travel to other Westland sites and sales meetings.
Brand Manager – Ferts and Chems Portfolio
Alconbury Hill office
Due to phenomenal growth and success, we’re looking for a talented Brand Manager to join our garden care team in Alconbury Hill. This is a fast-paced brand marketing position where you will take ownership of an award-winning portfolio of gardening brands. If you have a passion for consumer marketing, creativity and love delivering household brands, you’ve come to the right place!
The Purpose of the role
- To drive our Brands championing the product portfolio & to support other product categories within the marketing team.
- The postholder will be required to develop the annual marketing plan.
- This will include development, improvement and delivery of the range and communications including: Develop marketing plans for the Product range ensuring plans are delivered and budget is achieved.
- Recommend plans for developing that portfolio in order to meet consumer and customer needs
- In conjunction with the Head of Department manage PR and Marketing strategy to ensure the Brand range obtains maximum exposure within the market place
- Introduce, create, and manage new products providing innovative and creative solutions for the brand.
- Support the development and production of branded retail packaging, advertising, promotions, and literature, including supporting the creative brief and liaise with production team.
- Creating and Implementing brand plans and working with Senior Brand Manager for “day to day” management of the Brand portfolio
- Oversee the launch of NPD, creating and delivering marketing and brand strategies.
- Manage and deliver all communication of the brand key strategies.
- Oversee all relevant Digital and Consumer marketing to improve Brand awareness.
- Review development opportunities to produce all marketing materials including packaging, literature, advertising, promotions, and direct mail.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years relevant marketing experience, ideally within Food/FMCG/Retail/Gardening or Consumer Goods.
- Experienced Marketing or Brand Manager looking for your next challenge
- Able to hit the ground running, demonstrating a strong core skill set in brand management/marketing in a retail or FMCG environment.
- Brilliant at building relationships and managing external partners
- Naturally analytical and data driven
- Exceptional brief writing capabilities
- Experience in delivering multi-channel ATL campaigns
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Department – Marshalls Garden
Job Title – Email Marketing Executive
Location – Alconbury Hill (3 days), WFH (2 days)
We have a new position for a talented ‘Email Marketing Executive’ to join our B2C digital team for Marshalls Garden. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, this role will see you be the storyteller of the brand across all email and eCRM activities.
You will manage the email marketing programme to support revenue targets and to grow the email marketing database. Day-to-day you will design & build emails to support promotional activity and commercial goals, as well as report back to the wider business on performance metrics. You will also be responsible for the creation & optimisation of automated campaigns and work closely with the ecommerce team to optimise landing pages. Data analysis, segmentation and planning are key to this role as well as a creative flair, an eye for design and strong copywriting skills.
- Previous experience working in a similar role working on email marketing within a retail or mail order business
- Data driven and results orientated with a flair for creativity
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Comprehensive experience working with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools
- Highly competent in driving content through digital channels
- Experience using marketing automation, CRM tools and ESPs such as Dot Digital would be an advantage.
- Understand the basic fundamentals in HTML & CSS
- An interest in gardening and/or retail would be desirable.
Alconbury Hill / Hybrid role
We have a new position for a talented ‘Catalogue Manager’ to join our fast-paced marketing team. This key role will see you take full responsibility and ownership for delivering our printed catalogues and brochures ensuring they are delivered within time and on budget. If you have experience within direct marketing, this will put you in good stead for this role.
- Manage the analysis, planning and prioritisation of all print related marketing activity
- Being key person contact for all upcoming catalogues/brochures/leaflets with responsibility for smooth scheduling, production and release in the UK
- Liaising with central teams, commercial / legal etc to ensure full understanding of relevant deal and commercial aspects of upcoming catalogues
- Where appropriate managing communication between internal teams and external partners for incoming catalogue projects
- Set and manage all project timeline expectations, expedite efficient project workflow, and promote unrelenting creative excellence
- Previous experience within publishing, media or print industry – highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Office packages
- Process driven with the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Previous experience within direct marketing –advantage but not essential
- Proven experience of relationship management / account management of vendors and suppliers
- Have a sound understanding of the production print process
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills with the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
PPC Executive – Paid Media
Alconbury Hill office / Hybrid
We have a new opportunity for a talented ‘PPC Executive’ to join our in-house digital marketing team for Marshalls Garden. You’ll be working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to implement several PPC campaigns across a number of different platforms such as Google (Search and Shopping), Bing (Search) and Social Media (Facebook Ads). Once these campaigns are implemented you will be auditing and optimising the campaigns for the best performance possible. With all this, we will make sure you receive constant training and development from the other team members and senior management.
- Planning, creating and implementing a variety of PPC campaigns in Google Ads, Google Shopping and Microsoft Ads
- Overseeing existing campaigns and identify potential growth opportunities for B2C customers
- Campaign monitoring, optimisation and budget management in line with KPIs and ROI goals
- Analysing trends and making data-driven decisions
- Conducting keyword research
- Writing engaging copy for adverts
- Producing regular detailed analysis and reporting to management
- Ensuring delivery of paid search is to brief and best practice methods.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally, you will be a Marketing or Business Graduate, and have at least 2-3 years’ experience in activating PPC campaigns – prior working knowledge of PPC is essential for this role. This could be either from an in house or agency environment, coming from a retail / ecommerce background would be highly desirable!
- Previous experience within Paid Search / Paid Media / Shopping / Social / Adwords / Google
- Excellent written communication skills
- Data savvy, analytical and results driven
- Google Ads qualification – desirable but not essential
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to use Excel
- A good understanding of conversion tracking
- A passion for online retail and gardening – desirable
How to Apply
If you would like further information on our current vacancies or apply directly, please contact Louise Jones, In-House Recruitment Manager for Westland Horticulture, Alconbury Hill, Cambridgeshire
All Recruitment enquires are kept confidential.
We do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. Continued unsolicited approaches will affect our decision to consider your interest in working with the Westland Group in the future
Westland Company LinkedIn Page here