Food for bird tables
Trying to find the best food for bird tables? Here’s our essential guide:
- Seed mixes, meal worms and suet bites are great choices as they can be scattered on the surface of the table.
- Make sure you sweep off the existing food before putting fresh food down.
- Don’t put anything on your bird table that will roll off and fall on the floor.
- Only put out enough food for 1 or 2 days, to prevent other animals flocking.
- Don’t be discouraged if some species of bird won’t feed from your table, all birds have different feeding preferences. Some prefer hanging, whilst other prefer table or ground feeding.
- The best food for bird tables should consist of a mix of foods to attract a wide variety of birds to your garden.
- Be wary of putting scraps on a bird table, as these can harm garden birds. Read our guide on shop bought vs scraps.