Video step-by-step instructions on how to use our Deadfast Catch & Release Mouse Traps.
- Open the door of the trap.
- Bait the trap using peanut butter or anything high in protein, like chocolate or hazelnut spread, in the back of the trap.
- Be sure to use a Q-tip, toothpick, or another tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap.
- Place the trap where you have seen signs of rodent activity or along the wall where rodents primarily travel.
- The trap should be placed lengthwise against the wall with the entrance hole nearest the wall.
- Placing two traps back to back will help your chances to catch more mice.
- After a mouse is caught, and with the door facing away from you, lift the door to release the mouse.
- We recommend releasing the mouse at least two miles from your home or business to discourage it from returning.