- Release the arm bar from the staple.
- Move the arm bar to the back of the trap so it hangs over the back of the trap.
- Apply a small amount of peanut butter or anything high in protein, like chocolate or hazelnut spread, to the yellow pedal on the trap as shown.
- Be sure to use a Q-tip, toothpick, or another tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap.
- Pull the kill bar back, and hold it in place with your thumb.
- Take the arm bar over the kill bar, and latch the end of the arm bar under the yellow pedal.
- Please take note to the firm and sensitive setting.
- The trap will be easier to set on the firm side but not trip as easily.
- The trap will be more difficult to set on the sensitive side and trip very easily.
- Place the trap where you’ve seen signs of rodent activity or along the wall where rodents primarily travel.
- The end of the trap where the yellow pedal is baited should be placed flush against the wall.
Video step-by-step instructions on how to use our Deadfast Easy Set Mouse Traps. They come pre-baited with plastic cheese and great for use indoors as well as outdoors.
This is a powerful trap. Keep away from children, pets and non-target animals. It is an offence to place the trap in a location which may endanger wild birds or other protected animals.