Gardman Bird Table Anchoring Pegs helps keep your bird table steady and to hold it down.
- 4 powder coated steel pegs to secure bird tables into soil and grass
- Simply push into the ground over each bird table leg to secure any bird table firmly in place
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Where to Site
- Site your bird table 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making it visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round.
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Provide food throughout the whole year especially during breeding, nesting and fledgling periods.
- Locate feeders stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators.
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they
don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Do I need to treat or preserve the wood?
A. Our bird tables are pre-treated and so there is no need to cover with a preservative. However, if you wish to change the stain on the wood it is no problem to do so.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org