Gardman Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix is a wholesome blend of ingredients, sourced only from British farms. Packed with high quality ingredients, including suet as well as naked oats and black rapeseed, this carefully crafted food will help to keep bird populations thriving for generations to come.
Blended with all the natural ingredients our British birds love, Gardman Homegrown Harvest get’s birds to your table even quicker than ever before!
Our seed mix is locally sourced to reduce food miles, as well as to support our British farmers.
- 100% from British farms
- 100% recyclable packaging
- 90% of the wheat is sourced from within a 30 mile radius of our factory
- 1.8kg box has an easy pour spout
- Feed from a Gardman Seed Feeder , on a bird table or on the ground
Click here to view the full Gardman wild bird range
Click here to view the full Peckish wild bird range
Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix Ingredients
- Linseed from Lincolnshire
- Canary Seed from all over UK
- Naked Oats from Yorkshire
- Kibbled Wheat from Yorkshire
- UK Beef Tallow from Northern Ireland
- White Millet from the South East of England
- Kibbled Field Beans from Yorkshire
- Pinhead Oatmeal from all over UK
- Black Rapeseed from Yorkshire
- 1.8kg box
- 12.75kg paper bag
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use Gardman Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix
What to Expect
Gardman Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix will attract the following birds:
- House Sparrows
- Siskins and many more!
How to Use Gardman Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix
- To use in bird feeders, simply pour the seed into a seed feeder
- To feed on bird tables, scatter the seed across the table
- Also suitable for feeding in tray and ground feeders
Where to Site Gardman Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover to make the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
- Not suitable for human consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Gardman Homegrown Harvest Seed Mix is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org