PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
A combination of quality grass seed & fertiliser ideal for tired looking lawns or patches in need of repair.
- Quick top growth & tillering for quicker covering of bare areas
- Added slow release fertiliser to help maintain a healthy lawn
- Lush green & hard wearing
- Size 10sqm.
How to repair an existing lawn
1. Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork
2. Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 50g/sq.m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
Features Micro-Nutrient Coated Seed
Micro-Nutrient Coated Seed Gro-Sure® Lawn Seed is coated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
- Excellent bird deterrent
- Organic compounds attract and retain moisture around the seed
- Micro nutrients for strong healthy rooting and rapid establishment
- Larger, heavier seed gets right down to soil surface for improved germination
- Plant hormones to stimulate growth
Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil. Water thoroughly. Use a fine-rosed watering can or sprinkler. Take care not to wash the seeds away. Water daily until established. In very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly. Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm. After 8 weeks we recommend feeding with Aftercut 3 Day Green Lawn Feed.
When to sow
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October
- 4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Westland Growmore into the soil
- When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leave to soak in overnight
- The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing