PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Gro-Sure® Rose, Tree & Shrub Compost has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for planting roses, trees and shrubs as well as fruit trees and bushes. Containing 4 months feed and our patented West+ fibre this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health, root establishment and moisture retention.
- Root builder for healthier plants
- 4 months feed
- Superior moisture control
- Contains our patented West+ technology
- 50 litre
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & Advice
- Exceptional growing results with 4 months feed for season long flowering
- Easier to re-wet and excellent moisture retention for up to 50% less watering
- Aids the long-term establishment of plants through good root development
- 50% lighter than standard multi-purpose compost making it easier to transport around the home and garden
Gro-Sure® compost contains West+ wood fibre giving it a distinctive appearance. West+ wood fibre is a light fibrous material that provides the following growing benefits:
More flowers, fruit & vegetables. Stronger root systems for healthier plants. Controls moisture for less watering. Guaranteed growing results
How to Use
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to reconstitute. Then you’re all set.
Beds and borders
- Dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost
- Place plant in hole and back fill with compost
- Firm compost around plant and water well
- Water plant well and allow to drain before potting. Allow enough space to accommodate roots
- Remove from pot and plant in new container, firming the compost gently around the roots
- Once fully planted, water well
- Fill seed tray evenly with compost, then firm gently and water
- Make sloping cut in stem of cutting and remove all bottom leaves
- Dip end of cutting in hormone rooting powder to encourage rooting
- Make hole in the compost with pencil or dibber. Place cutting into hole and firm compost gently around it
- Cover seed tray with glass/polythene to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot away from direct sunlight, until cuttings have taken
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Gro-Sure Rose, Tree & Shrub Compost may contain organic elements so you should make sure the compost is well dug in as it could be attractive to some animals
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Gro-Sure Rose, Tree & Shrub can be used with larger houseplants however you may want to choose a more specific to your requirements—for example our Houseplant potting mix
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
A. Yes, you will get great results with this compost with you fruit and vegetables. Supplement with a suitable plant feed after 4 months, or if you are growing particularly nutrient hungry crops
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email email@example.com