PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
- Ideal for all container-grown flowers and shrubs
- With added vermiculite to help prevent compost drying out and reduce watering frequency
- Feeds for up to 6 weeks
- 50 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
J. Arthur Bower’s Tub & Basket Compost is ideal for planting up all types of tubs, baskets and containers.
It will supply your plants with all the nutrients they need for strong, healthy growth during the first 6-8 weeks and large abundant blooms. After that, feed regularly with liquid tub & basket plant food. The compost also contains a water retaining agent so it stays moist for longer and needs less watering.
- Exceptional growing results with 6 feed for season long flowering
- Easier to re-wet and excellent moisture retention for up to 50% less watering
- Added flower booster for even more abundant flowers
How to Use
Planting a Container
Partially fill the container with compost, place the plants in position and fill round the roots with compost. Firm carefully and water thoroughly. Ensure compost is thoroughly and uniformly moistened throughout.
Making up a Hanging Basket
If the basket does not come with an integral lining, line it with a hanging basket liner or moss. If the basket has open sides partially fill it with compost and begin placing plants through the liner or moss into the basket sides, taking care not to damage the roots. Add more compost and plants until the basket is full. Firm carefully and water thoroughly. Ensure compost is thoroughly and uniformly moistened throughout. After planting, hang your basket in a sheltered place away from the wind, if possible.
In the Garden
Cover the bottom of the planting hole with a layer of compost. Fill the hole round the plant with a mix of garden soil and compost. Gently firm round the plant and water thoroughly.
Handy Gardening Tips
- Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. J. Arthur Bower’s Tub & Basket Compost does not contain any ingredients that would be attractive to animals
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. J. Arthur Bower’s Tub & Basket Compost can be used with houseplants, however you may want to choose one which is more specific to your requirements—for example our Houseplant potting mix
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
A. Yes, you will get great results with this compost, although you may want to use a compost that has more control over the food the plant receives
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com