Peckish Squirrel Proof Bird Food suet pellets are high in energy with added hot pepper flavour. Tasty for wild birds but helps deter squirrels.
- Loved by birds
- Too hot for squirrels
- Hot pepper flavour
- High in fat
- Calvita vitamin enriched
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
1. Hot Pepper Flavour
Adding the chilli pepper powder means that the suet pellets are too hot for squirrels to eat and helps stop them pinching the food. The wild birds in your garden still love them, making them an ideal high energy food.
2. High in Fat
Helps to provide your garden birds with the essential energy they need all year round.
3. Calvita® Vitamin Mix
Enriched with our unique blend of vitamins and nutrients that garden birds need to stay healthy. Calvita includes…
- CAROTENOIDS – Develops feather colour and protects from sunlight damage
- CALCIUM – Promotes bone & feather growth and essential for egg production
- VITAMINS A,D,E & BIOTIN – Strengthens beaks & bones and helps growth & reproduction
- Wheat Flour
- Beef Tallow
- Calcium Carbonate
- Chilli Pepper Powder
- Additives: Glycerine
What to Expect
Peckish Squirrel Proof Bird Food will attract the following birds (and NOT Squirrels!):
- House Sparrow
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Long Tailed Tit
- Great Tit
- Song Thrush
- Nuthatch and many more!
How to Use
- To use in bird feeders, simply pour the suet pellets into our Peckish Suet & Peanut feeder.
- To feed on bird tables scatter the suet pellets across the table.
- They can also be used in tray and ground feeders.
- Remember to wash your hands after handling the suet pellets.
Where to Site
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover to make the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Remember to wash your hands after handling the suet pellets
- May contain nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
- Not suitable for human consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Are Suet products suitable to feed all year round?
A. Yes, Suet products can be fed all year round as they provide excellent nutrition for birds.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email email@example.com