A traditionally styled, high quality Kent & Stowe Long Bulb Planter made from stainless steel and beautiful ash wood. This tool is the perfect height for easy working, as well as eliminating the need for bending and reducing back strain. It quickly and easily creates uniform holes ready for planting your bulbs. The Stainless Steel Long Bulb Planter also has quality guaranteed with its 15 year guarantee. You might also be interested in this Stainless Steel Edging Iron.
- High quality stainless steel head
- Long handle made from beautiful ash wood with T grip handle for comfort and reduced back strain
- Excellent rust resistance and minimum soil adhesion
- Tread edge for easy plantation into the ground
- Complete with a 4″ scale to aid planting depth
- 6cm diameter to accommodate all sizes of bulbs
- L 101cm
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Push into the soil using your foot on the foot plate
- Use to remove a soil core of 6cm diameter, to make a uniform size hole ready for planting
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org