Kent & Stowe 2 in 1 Ratchet Secateurs include two cutting actions; ratchet action or single cut action. Provides powerful pruning for mature hard and dead wood. The ratchet mode allows you to make four short cuts through one branch. This makes pruning thicker branches easier with minimal effort. The single cut mode allows you to make the cut in one action, which is ideal for smaller branches. You might also be interested in these Professional Anvil Secateurs.
- Complete with oil sponge
- Safety lock for safe storage
- High-quality, non-stick carbon steel blades
- Strong aluminium handles with non-slip soft grip
- Ideal for arthritis sufferers or those with a slightly weaker grip and for long demanding pruning tasks
- Cutting diameter: Ratchet mode 22mm and single cut mode 18mm
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Ratchet mode allows you to make four short cuts through one branch. This makes pruning thicker branches easier with minimal effort. Complete in four simple steps:
2. Hear it ‘click’
4. Re-apply pressure
- Single mode allows you to make the cut in one action, ideal for smaller branches. Use as normal anvil secateurs
- Use a pair of anvil secateurs to cut mature hard and dead wood rather than a bypass style. Because this will crush and bruise live wood stems as well as blunt the blades on your anvil secateurs
- Anvil action secateurs have one blade that closes onto a cutting block. An anvil cut is more powerful than a bypass cut with minimal effort required. Ideal for pruning for mature hard and dead wood
- To keep these blades in good condition wipe with an oiled cloth after each use and sharpen when necessary. Use the oil sponge to wipe over the blades after use.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org