A robust solid forged, high quality Kent & Stowe Border Fork made from carbon steel, for strength, and beautiful ash wood. As well as featuring an extended shank for improved strength, this tool has quality guaranteed with its 10-year guarantee. You may also be interested in this Gardener’s Mate Border Fork.
- High quality carbon steel prongs for exceptional strength
- Handle made from beautiful ash wood split to form a traditional YD for comfort
- Extended shank for increased leverage
- Long handle for reduced strain
- Larger tread edge for added digging power and comfort
- Double riveted for extra strength
- Weight performance above UK standards
- L 104cm
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Ideal for tight spaces in borders and raised beds
- For weeding between plants and shrubs
- Cultivate and turn soil as well as aerate and break up soil ready for planting
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org