This Gardener’s Mate Hand Fork is an essential garden tool with 3 strong prongs, great for weeding, cultivating and planting in your bed, borders and pots. You may also be interested in this Gardener’s Mate Hand Trowel.
- Made from coated carbon steel to protect from rust
- Soft-grip rubber and plastic ergonomic handle for comfort
- Cranked shaft for added protection
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Use in borders and raised beds
- Weed in between plants by inserting the fork behind base of weed and lifting it out by the roots
- Lighting cultivate soil ready to plant by simply immersing its tines into the earth to comb through and turn the soil
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com