This Gardman Feeding Station Patio Stand has a heavy duty base, allowing feeding stations to be positioned on a patio or other hard surfaces. This item is compatible with all Gardman and Peckish dining stations.
- Made from solid metal
- Powder coated with hand finish
- Fits pole diameters 22.5mm, 25mm and 29mm
- Height: 27.5cm Width: 36cm Depth: 36cm
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to Use
This Gardman Feeding Station Patio Stand can be positioned on any patio or hard, flat surface. Simply adjust dining station into place and secure.
Where to Site
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover to make the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round.
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Provide food throughout the whole year especially during breeding, nesting and fledgling periods.
- Locate feeders stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators.
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Provide some cover for the birds and ensure some fresh drinking water is available.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. How should I position my dining station?
A. Locate feeding stations near cover so that they’re easily accessible, but not too close if there is a risk of predators.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org