PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of sterilised loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients.
- Feeds & encourages healthy plant growth
- Feeds for five weeks
- Develops stronger roots
- Encourages flower development
- Sizes 10L, 30L
- Product Details
Westland John Innes No.2 Potting-on Compost, a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is a richer compost for vigorous seedlings and plants such as tomatoes, cucumbers, geranium, fuschias and most house plants. Westland John Innes No.2 Potting-on Compost is the best choice for potting-on.
• Contains a rich nutrient content ideal for thriving plants.
• Easy to water and re-wet.
• High loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients
• Stabilises pots and containers.
• Encourages a healthy root system for a larger, healthier plant.
• Keep compost moist NEVER allow to dry out.
• Water carefully using a watering can with a fine rose.
• Do not overfeed.
Handy Gardening Tips
• Store in a frost free place and away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals.
• Re-seal bag after use.
How to use
First, put on a pair of gloves and rework compost between your hands, so it regains its intended texture. Then you’re all set.
• Only re-pot during the growing season of the plant.
• Water plant well and allow to drain before re-potting. Check new container has holes to allow adequate drainage.
• Partly fill the new container with compost allowing room for the root ball.
• Carefully loosen the roots to allow the roots to strike into the new compost.
• Surrond the root ball with fresh compost and gently firm in around the edges.
• Water plant well.