Westland John Innes Potting-on Compost feeds and establishes for a healthier plant life. Developed specially to help all young plants and enmsure healthy root ande shoot development.
- Develops strong, healthy plants
- Feeds for up to 5 weeks
- Added Potassium humate for root & shoot growth
- No Green Waste
- 10 litre
- 35 litre
- Product Details
- HOW TO USE
- tips & advice
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes No 2 Potting-On Compost, a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed for the growth & establishment of plants.
This compost has a rich, nutrient content making it suitable for vigorous plants such as Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Geraniums, Fuchsias and most house plants. It is easy to water and re-wet and the high loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients to help stabilise plants in pots and containers. It also contains Potassium humate.
The benefits of added Potassium humate
Potassium humate is the potassium salt of Humic acid. It helps to create healthy soil conditions through aeration making the soil easier to work with. It also assists with the availability of micro-nutrients such as Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc and Copper.
When to Use
Use all year round January to December
How to Use
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove, shake off loose compost
- Place plant in new pot with new compost, fill gaps with new compost, firm down and water
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of the root ball
- Place plant in hole with the new compost, fill gaps with new compost, form down and water
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Store in a frost-free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the differences between John Innes Composts?
A. John Innes Composts are designed to be a life partner for plants. John Innes Seed Sowing Compost has a small amount of nutrients to encourage germination. John Innes No1 has a little more nutrients, perfect for transplanting seedlings. John Innes No2 is used for potting on young plants and John Innes No3, which has the most nutrients, is best used for final potting up of plants. John Innes Ericaceous is suitable for all acid loving (lime-hating) plants
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. John Innes No 2 Potting On Compost does not contain any organic elements so shouldn’t be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. John Innes No 2 will be perfect for potting on seedlings and young plants and for re-potting houseplants, you could also consider using our Westland Houseplant potting mix
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org