A traditionally styled, high quality Kent & Stowe Long Handled Soil Rake made from stainless steel and beautiful FSC certified® ash wood. This rake is ideal for levelling the soil in your garden beds and borders or larger projects. After digging, this Soil Rake should be used to evenly distribute the soil reading for planting. It can also be used to remove debris, break up clumps of soil, creating furrows and rows as well as mixing in soil additives or spreading mulch.
This tool is the perfect height for easy working, as well as eliminating the need for bending and reducing back strain. It also has quality guaranteed with its 15 year guarantee. You might also be interested in this Stainless Steel Long Dutch Hoe.
- High quality stainless steel head
- Long handle made from beautiful ash wood tapered for comfort and reduced back strain
- Excellent rust resistance and minimum soil adhesion
- 14 rigid tines for effective raking
- For loosening soils as well as preparing beds and borders
- L 158cm
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Ideal for use in all soil areas
- Use for cultivating surface soil and leveling off for final preparation
- For breaking up soil into a fine tilth, preparing soil for planting, creating seed drills and unearthing potatoes
- Can also be used to collect light debris
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org