A traditionally styled, high quality Kent & Stowe Scarifying Rake made from stainless steel and beautiful FSC certified® ash wood, great for removing thatch and moss off the lawn. Also known as a scarifier, is great for dethatching your lawn. Removing the thatch (layers of dead grass, roots and other organic matter) to prevent water and nutrient penetration to the roots of your lawn. You will improve air circulation, water absorption, encourage new growth, and see improved fertiliser efficiency. Of course it will also enhance the appearance of your lawn too.
This tool is the perfect height for easy working, as well as eliminating the need for bending and reducing back strain. It has quality guaranteed with its 15 year guarantee. You might also be interested in this Stainless Steel Long Lawn and Leaf Rake.
- High quality stainless steel head
- Long handle made from beautiful ash wood tapered for comfort while reducing back strain
- Excellent rust resistance and minimum soil adhesion
- 10 sharp high quality polished stainless steel tines
- Oscillating head allows the rake to glide over the lawn with ease
- Ideal for encouraging healthy lawn growth
- L 155cm
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Ideal for encouraging healthy lawn growth by; removing thatch, moss and dead grass cuttings; opening up the soil surface to improve airflow and the uptake of nutrients and water; preparing the ground for sowing new seeds and cutting through topsoil
- Use this tool after mowing the lawn and prior to putting down lawn seed
- Use in a pull motion to scrape the moss from the lawn
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org