Introducing The Capability Trowel, inspired by the work of Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown, one of England’s greatest gardeners. The Capability Trowel has been designed in his belief that in gardening everything could be improved. This trowel has the functionality to endure many gardening tasks. It has a multitude of functions including a hammer for hammering canes and posts, as well as a serrated edge for weeding. Furthermore, this is the only trowel you will ever need. You might also be interested in this Carbon Steel Digging Fork.
- High quality stainless steel head
- Excellent rust resistance as well as minimum soil adhesion
- Handle made from FSC® certified ash wood. Contoured for a perfect comfortable grip
- Serrated edge for weeding and also opening compost bags
- Pointed tip for tough soils
- Accurate planting depth scale
- Robust hammer to aid hammering in anything from vine eyes as well as posts
- Ideal for potting, planting, weeding and turning over soil
- 20 year guarantee
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
Use this Capability trowel to perform several jobs in your garden:
- Hammer in posts and stakes
- Plant bulb, seeds and plants
- Open compost bags
- Slice through weeds
- Plant in hard to work soils
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org