Westland All Vegetable Feed is the perfect choice for those that are looking to create the best possible vegetable crop. Ideal for allotment vegetables.
- Easy to apply, ready to use granules
- Essential nutrients for healthy, tasty vegetables
- 5-week nutrient release
- Strong, healthy roots
- Product Details
- How to use
- tips & advice
Give your vegetables the start they need with Westland All Vegetable Feed. The ready to use granules can be applied directly from pack and are ideal for:
- Feeding potatoes and all types of root vegetables to encourage strong healthy root growth
- General soil improvement to put depleted nutrients back
- Stronger healthier leaf growth and abundant crops
An application of Westland All Vegetable Feed ensures your vegetables receive a slow release of nutrients to produce healthy and tasty crops.
What to Expect
After emergence the vegetables will begin to take up the nutrients from the fertiliser as the feed slowly releases nutrients into the soil around the roots. The plants will grow strong and healthy and may require an additional feed after 5-6 weeks.
When to Use
Apply early in the season as a base fertiliser when preparing your vegetable beds for planting and then apply an additional feed 3-4 weeks after planting to ensure a top quality and healthy yield.
How to Use
Spread 100g/sq. m of granules (approximately two handfuls) evenly over the bare soil and work into soil by digging or using a rake, during the final preparation of vegetable beds. The base dressing should be applied 2-3 weeks before planting your vegetables to allow the fertiliser to start working.
An additional feed (approximately 50g/sq.m or one handful) of organic Potato & Vegetable fertiliser should be applied 4-6 weeks after emergence by sprinkling evenly along the vegetable rows taking care not to get fertiliser onto the plants.
When planting in a Potato Growing Bag
Mix 100g of granules (approximately two handfuls) evenly into 60 litres of compost before putting the compost into the growing bag. Fill the bag with 40 litres of compost, plant the tubers and cover with 10cm of compost. When the shoots emerge, cover with more compost and continue earthing up the potatoes until the compost is 5cm from the top of the bag.
Check vegetables weekly after planting looking out for signs of yellowing or poor growth. If this happens apply a top dressing or a liquid feed to ensure healthy high yielding vegetables.
- Safe for use in gardens where children and pets are present
- Some dogs may be attracted to eat the product.
- To avoid this, we recommend mixing well with the soil
- The use of gloves is recommended when handling this product
- Keep off skin
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use.
- Store product in a dry, frost-free place out of reach of children and pets
- Do not exceed the appropriate application rate
- Increasing the dosage may result in damage to plants
- Contents may settle during transit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Yes, children and pets can go back into the area after application
Q. Will my animals be attracted to this product?
A. Animals may be attracted to eat this product, we recommend mixing the product in well with the soil
Q. What should I do if I put on too much of the product?
A. Remove any visible granules and heavily water the area to dissolve and wash through excess product
Q. Can I use this on my lawn?
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email email@example.com