- Natural Ingredients
- Helps rooting establishments for cuttings
- No synthetic growth hormones or fungicides
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & Advice
Taking a cutting from the parent plant is a great, easy way of growing a new plant. Using a hormone based rooting product will increase the chances of success in most cases. The root will develop quicker and will be of better quality than when rooting hormones are not used.
What to Expect
Cuttings will be encouraged to produce new growth
When to Use
April to September
Where to Use
When taking cuttings to aid rooting and establishment
How to Use
- For best results stand soft stem cuttings in water for 1/2 hour before using the gel —for hard wood cuttings soak them overnight
- Use the pack lid as a dibber to make a hole into a suitable free -draining compost such as Gro-Sure Seed & Cuttings Compost.
- Dip the end of the cuttings in the powder and then insert into the hole
- Cover cuttings with glass or polythene and place in a light position but out of direct sunlight
- There are no advice or safety information for this product
- Use as per label instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How does this product work?
A. Rooting Powder has natural hormones that stimulate roots making the propagation of plants easier.
Q. What are plant hormones?
A. Plant hormones include:
- Auxins—for root growth
- Gibberellins— for flowering and size of fruit and leaves
- Cytokinins — for cell division and differentiation
- Abscisic Acid—inhibits other hormones during periods of stress
Q. What would I expect to see/smell with this product?
A. The powder is an off white colour with a natural “organic” smell
Q. Does the product have an expiry date?
A. No, however it is good practice not to leave any debris in the powder each time you use it
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org