Westland Organic Chicken Manure Pellets are ideal for improving soil and the planting, as well as feeding of established plants. Chicken Manure is an effective non-chemical fertiliser and is a useful source of nitrogen. Nitrogen is the main nutrient plants require for healthy green and also leafy root growth.
- Composted chicken manure pellets
- Ideal for soil enrichment and improvement
- Use for feeding all around the garden
- NPK 4.5-3.5-2.5 + trace elements
- 2.25kg + 50% Extra Free
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & advice
An ideal way to enrich and condition soils that can be used all around the garden for planting and feeding established plants
- Rich in organic matter
- Breaks down slowly into the soil releasing their nutrients
- 100% natural
- Releases nutrients slowly
- Feeds for 3 months
What to Expect
Plants will flourish for longer encouraging healthy growth. The chicken manure pellets will break down slowly releasing nutrients into the soil. For fast growing crops an additional feed may be required.
When to Use
Apply in the autumn when preparing winter beds or early in spring as a base fertiliser when preparing your beds for planting. Apply an additional feed 3-4 weeks after planting to ensure a top quality and healthy yield.
How to Use
All organic fertilisers depend on contact with moisture and soil to break down naturally; releasing their nutrients and enhancing soil fertility.
Therefore, for best results, the pellets should be worked into the soil (a hoe is usually ideal). During dry weather, water before sowing seeds and after planting.
Apply several days before sowing seeds, or planting out small/sensitive plants
|Handfuls per sq.m||Grams per sq.m||Ounces per sq.yard|
|Fruit & vegetables, flowers, beds & borders, roses, trees & shrubs||2-6||100-300||3-9|
|Composting (per layer of compost heap)||1||50||1.5|
*Use higher rates for sandy/starved soils and strong/vigorous plants. Use lower rates for rich/heavy soils and small/sensitive plants.
Check the vegetables weekly after planting looking out for signs of yellowing or poor growth and apply Gro-Sure® All-Purpose Plant Food to ensure fuller, tastier crops and high yielding vegetables.
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Always reseal box after use
- Gloves are recommended when handling this product
- Suitable for use where children and pets are present. However, some pets like to eat manure; in this case make sure all the pellets are thoroughly worked into the soil
- To be used only where there is a recognised need. Do not exceed the appropriate application rate
- Check your vegetables regularly for pests and diseases
- Ensure that dogs do not get access to the packed product by making sure the pellets are well incorporated into the soil
- Only to be used only where there is a recognised need. Do not exceed the appropriate application rate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Yes, children and pets can go back into the area straight after application
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Some pets like to eat manure. Work pellets into the soil thoroughly and water them in well.
Q. What should I do if I put on too much of the product?
A. Remove any visible pellets and heavily water the area to dissolve and wash through excess product.
Q. Can I use this on my lawn?
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email email@example.com