- Lasts twice as long as spruce bark
- Outstanding quality and appearance
- Superior moisture control
- FSC® and playgrade quality
- Size 60L
- Product Details
- Tips & Advice
Cambark Chunky Chip Bark is a specially selected and graded premium quality ground bark. Unlike most bark products Cambark is made from pine to give a rich golden appearance to complement and enhance the texture and colour of your garden. Using bark taken only from sustainable forests Cambark Chunky Chip is environmentally safe, clean and easy to handle. It is far more than mere decoration and will give you many practical benefits.
• Gives an attractive and pleasing finish.
• Reduces garden maintenance by suppressing weed growth.
• Retains suitable moisture keeping your plants more healthy.
• Provides year round protection and insulation for plant roots from extremes of temperature, excessive heat in summer and damaging frosts in winter.
• Reduces the impact of heavy rain and prevents mud slashes on plants and walls, so your garden stays tidy.
• Encourages earth worm activity helping to improve soil aeration and enhancing organic matter levels, fertility and soil structure; plants are happier under these conditions.
• Discourages slugs and snails due to its texture.
Where to use
Cambark Chunky Chip Bark is a general-purpose premium quality bark and is ideal for the following.
• Mulching flower beds and borders.
• Amongst conifers, alpines and heathers.
• Around specimen trees, shrubs and roses.
• Edging paths and lawns.
• Garden walkways and play-areas.
How to use
Using Cambark Chunky Chip Bark is simplicity itself and is easily applied by hand.
As a mulch
It can be applied at any time, although spring and summer are the best times. Soil should be covered to a minimum depth of 50mm (2”).
Beds, Borders, Shrubs and Trees
Apply on a weed free surface to a depth of 5cm (2”). Around trees and shrubs and remove any turf, if necessary, to a depth of 5cm (2”) and a minimum of 45cm (18”) from the base of the tree or shrub. Fill the area with Cambark Chunky Chip Bark to the required depth.
Paths and Lawn Edges
Cut a shallow trench 15cm (6”) wide by 7.5cm (3”) deep along the edges along the paths and lawns. Fill the area with Cambark Chunky Chip Bark.
Temporary walkways can be created with a covering of 2.5-5cm (1”-2”) of Cambark Chunky Chip Bark over lawned areas. More permanent paths can be constructed by removing 5cm (2”) of lawn across the required area and filling with the Chunky Chip bark.
Cambark Chunky Chip Bark is extremely long lasting. The chips’ appearance can be maintained by occasionally raking the surface and topping up as necessary.
This bag contains enough Cambark Chunky Chip Bark to cover approximately 3 square metres (30 square feet) to a depth of 2.5cm (1”).
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org